Taking a whole beef roast and turning it into a family-friendly dinner in no time is what this Electric Pressure Cooker Taco Beef recipe is all about.
Barbara’s family loves tacos…any kind of tacos. And, she always has plenty of beef roasts in the freezer from our cattle. You could also use a shoulder or arm roast for this recipe. Unsure about the different cuts of beef? Check out this post from our friend Sarah over at Farmwife Crafts.
But if you don’t have a freezer full of beef, keep your eyes out for good deals on beef roasts and stock up – this taco beef recipe is worth it!
Barbara doesn’t have an Instant Pot but she does have an electric pressure cooker which works similarly.
Electric Pressure Cooker Taco Beef
What we love about this recipe is that we can serve it in tacos for dinner one night and then serve it over rice another night for two different meals!
- 3 lb. chuck roast, thawed
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- Place beef roast in a 6 quart Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker.
- Mix together diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and water; pour over top of the roast.
- Secure lid and set lid to seal.
- Set pressure cooker on Manual for 60 minutes with the warming feature off. (To do this on the Instant Pot, press manual button twice). It can take up to 15 minutes for the pot/cooker to reach full pressure before the time will begin.
- Allow the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker to naturally release pressure.
- Shred or chop and serve in tacos or on a salad.
Linking up to Whatcha Crockin’ Wednesday Week 54!