Taking a whole beef roast and turning it into a family-friendly dinner in no time is what this Electric Pressure Cooker Taco Beef recipe is all about. With just four ingredients and an Instant Pot, you can have a tender beef dish in just 60 minutes.
Instant Pot Taco Meat Recipe:
Barbara’s family loves tacos…any kind of tacos. And, she always has plenty of beef roasts in the freezer from our cattle. She uses a chuck roast in this dish, but you can also use a shoulder or arm roast for this recipe. Unsure about the different cuts of beef? Check out this post from our friend Sarah over at Farmwife Crafts.
But if you don’t have a freezer full of beef, keep your eyes out for good deals on beef roasts and stock up – this instant pot taco beef recipe is worth it! Try our Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef if you have another beef roast waiting in the wings!
Barbara has both an Instant Pot and an electric pressure cooker and they work similarly so use either for this recipe. She loves using these to quickly cook dishes that normally take much longer in the oven or slow cooker.
Electric Pressure Cooker Taco Beef
What we love about this recipe is that we can serve it in tacos for dinner one night and then serve it over rice another night for two different meals!
How to Make Easy Instant Pot Taco Meat:
- Place the beef chuck roast into the pressure cooker vessel.
- In a small bowl, combine diced tomatoes, water and taco seasoning; pour over roast.
- Cover and seal, ensuring the venting value is closed.
- Pressure cook for 60 minutes. Allow the pressure to release following the natural release method.
- Shred or chop the meat. Use it in tacos, over rice, or on top of tortilla chips.
For the full instructions for Instant Pot Taco Beef Roast, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Our Favorite Taco Tuesday Recipes
Looking for some more Taco Tuesday Recipes?
Taking a whole beef roast and turning it into a family-friendly dinner in no time is what this Electric Pressure Cooker Taco Beef recipe is all about.
- 3 lb. chuck roast thawed
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup water
- Place beef roast in a 6 quart Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker.
- Mix together diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and water; pour over top of the roast.
- Secure lid and set lid to seal.
- Set pressure cooker on Manual for 60 minutes with the warming feature off. (To do this on the Instant Pot, press manual button twice). It can take up to 15 minutes for the pot/cooker to reach full pressure before the time will begin.
- Allow the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker to naturally release pressure.
- Shred or chop and serve in tacos or on a salad.
- Use whatever type of beef roast you have on hand.
- It can take up to 15 minutes for the pressure to build in the pressure cooker before the cooking process starts.
- To release pressure, use the natural release method.
- Try some of our favorite pressure cooker recipes including Kielbasa Dinner, BBQ Beef, and Potato Soup.
Linking up to Whatcha Crockin’ Wednesday Week 54!