This Instant Pot Golden Chicken Imperial has all the flavors of the classic dish without the carbs and is ready in minutes. Not worried about carbs? Serve over buttered egg noodles and enjoy!
This recipe is modified from The Working Cook cookbook with the main changes being no breadcrumbs and cooking it in the electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot).
Barbara loves cooking chicken breasts in the electric pressure cooker because it is such a time saver. She usually starts with thawed chicken breasts and they can be cooked in about 5 minutes.
Instant Pot Golden Chicken Imperial
The tradition chicken imperial dish features breadcrumbs but you will not miss them in this version. So if you are looking for low carb options, this is the recipe for you.
The buttery sauce has a perfect flavor from the Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
Now, if you are NOT on a low-carb diet, serve the chicken over egg noodles. You could easily use any size of egg noodle. To be honest, Barbara used that skinnier egg noodles because that’s what she, and when I say “she,” I mean our mom, had in her cabinet.
The great part of living on the farm close to mom and dad and sisters is that when you don’t have an ingredient on hand, you can call and have mom search her cabinet and have dad deliver. Kind of like our own version of Amazon Prime Delivery!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3. teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts thawed
- Turn on electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, garlic salt and black pepper to the insert. Heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Add thawed boneless chicken breasts, turning to coat with butter mixture.
- Cover and seal. Cook on high pressure for 5-6 minutes, using the quick pressure release. (Refer to the instruction manual for your cooker for recommended cooking time for boneless chicken breasts.)
- Remove chicken, cut into large chunks and add back to butter mixture.
- Allow to baste in butter for 5 minutes for flavors to absorb into chicken.
Not worried about the carbs? Serve over cooked and salted egg noodles (any size) that have generously been coated with the butter sauce. More butter and dried parsley can be added to the cooked noodles for additional flavor.