This Instant Pot Shredded Beef Barbecue with just four simple ingredients is easy to make and full of flavor. Since this BBQ beef recipe is make in the electric pressure cooker, it doesn’t need hours in the oven or crock pot.
What is better than a recipe with only a couple ingredients? How about a four-ingredient recipe that is cooked in the electric pressure cooker?
This Instant Pot Shredded Beef Barbecue features your favorite BBQ sauce and crushed pineapple! It really is that simple.
This recipe comes from Barbara and was created when she needed to get dinner on the table but hadn’t planned ahead on what that meal was going to be!
Instant Pot Shredded Beef Barbecue
Chuck roast is a good beef cut to shred but you can use the beef roast of your choice for this BBQ beef. If you have one in the freezer, just pull it out the night before and throw it in the refrigerator so it’s thawed and ready to go the next day.
How do you eat your shredded barbecue beef? Most often, Barbara’s family eats theirs on open faced sandwiches the first round, and then she serves the leftovers on top of baked sweet potatoes.
- 1 beef roast approximately 2 pounds, not frozen
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth water can be used
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Add beef roast and beef broth to the electric pressure cooker insert.
- Cover and seal. Cook on high pressure for 99 minutes. (Refer to the instruction manual of your pressure cooker for recommended cook time for a beef roast.) Release pressure with natural release method.
- Remove the beef, and shred with 2 forks.
- Drain off broth from cooker insert. (This can be saved and used in a different recipe).
- Add shredded beef, barbeque sauce and crushed pineapple back to the cooker insert.
- Cover and seal. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Release pressure using quick pressure release so that the barbeque sauce does not caramelize.
- Serve on bread, buns, over rice or on top of baked potatoes.