This easy-to-make Pistachio Coffee Cake is not only delicious but is also pleasing to the eye with its bright green inside. It is perfect for a special family breakfast but can be easily made any day of the week.
Pistachio Coffee Cake
Barbara modified an award-winning recipe from our 4-H days for this Pistachio Coffee Cake. The original recipe was actually for the microwave – maybe someday we’ll share it on here too.
This coffee cake has a crunchy outer layer that gives just a little chewy texture that goes great with the moist pistachio inside. Add the hint of orange in the powdered sugar glaze and all that is left is to grab a cup of coffee and enjoy a big slice!
How to Make Pistachio Coffee Cake
Full recipe is found below.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease Bundt pan. Mix pecans, sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle one-third of mixture into Bundt pan. Set the rest of the nut mixture aside. Combine the rest of the cake ingredients together in large mixing bowl. Add half of batter mixture to cake pan and top with half of the remaining nut mixture. Top with remaining cake batter and add remaining nut mixture. Swirl nut mixture into cake batter using a butter knife. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting pan onto cake platter to remove. For the glaze, mix orange juice, vanilla and powdered sugar together and more over cooled cake.
We created a fun smaller version of these too! Check out our Mini Pistachio Coffee Cakes.
This easy-to-make Pistachio Coffee Cake is not only delicious but is also pleasing to the eye with its bright green inside.
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For glaze:
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease Bundt pan generously with shortening; be sure to grease the inner and outer circles.
- Mix together pecans, sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture into the greased pan; be sure to get the cinnamon mixture to coat all surfaces of the pan.
- Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, orange juice, vegetable oil and vanilla; add green food coloring for a darker color of green if desired.
- Alternate layers of batter with remaining nut mixture in the Bundt pan, ending with the cinnamon mixture.
- Swirl batter with knife to create swirls in the cake.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a cake platter.
- For glaze: Mix together orange juice, vanilla and powdered sugar. Pour over cooled cake.
Linking up to Meal Plan Monday.