If you like Dr. Seuss’s the Grinch who Stole Christmas, you’ll love these Grinch’s Mini Pistachio Coffee Cakes perfect for Christmas breakfast, brunch or dessert.
Barbara’s almost 4-year-old daughter is obsessed with The Grinch right now. Barbara chase’s her around the house while pretending to be the Grinch.
She mentioned making a “Grinch” cake, and her daughter jumped all over that. So Barbara set out to fulfill that promise, and oh boy, are we glad she did.
Mini Pistachio Coffee Cakes
These little cakes are super easy and super tasty. They use a boxed yellow cake mix and a box of instant pistachio pudding mix. And they are very moist because of the addition of sour cream and orange juice.
We used a mini bundt cake pan to make them dainty and so cute! Be sure to cover the cracks and crevices of the individual bundt pans with shortening and then the cinnamon/nut mix.
These make the perfect breakfast or brunch item for Christmas morning or for a holiday party treat.
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease mini Bundt cake pan generously with shortening.
- Mix together pecans, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle 1 Tablespoon into each mini Bundt crevice.
- Mix together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, orange juice and vanilla in a mixing bowl; add green food coloring until it reaches your desired color of green (we used 12 drops).
- Fill each Bundt crevice with 2 -3 heaping Tablespoons of cake batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes; invert to release cakes.
- For glaze: Mix together confectioners sugar, vanilla and milk until desired consistency. Drizzle over cakes. Fill Bundt center with 1-2 Maraschino cherries if desired.
We’ve used Referral Links in this post to products we like.