Topped with bacon and cheese and flavored with a ranch dressing mix, this Ranch Cauliflower Salad is a great side dish any night of the week.
Ranch Cauliflower Salad
This Ranch Cauliflower Salad is reminiscent of the traditional seven layer salad without so many vegetables and the layers. It may be a bit more kid-friendly too, at least it was for our family. If your family members and friends are not big fans of onion, just leave it out of the salad.
This is another awesome recipe from the Pot O’ Gold Cookbook from the St. Patrick Altar Society of Imogene, Iowa. I think the sheer number of delicious recipes on our blog from this cookbook just solidifies the fact that we all know…church cookbooks are the bomb!
Be sure to cut the cauliflower into bite-size pieces so it is easier to get some on your fork along with the Romaine lettuce, bacon and cheese.
You can definitely make this Ranch Cauliflower Salad ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
- 1 head romaine, shredded
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up
- 1 pkg. (1 oz.) Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 small onion (may be omitted)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 pkg (16 oz.) bacon, cooked and cut into bits
- 1 pkg (16 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix dressing mix, mayonnaise, onion, Parmesan cheese and milk in a bowl.
- Add lettuce and cauliflower and toss until coated.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bacon bits.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck! Check out all the great recipes this week.