This Crock Pot Turkey Breast is a quick way to take a frozen boneless turkey breast and turn it into a tender, juicy main dish in just a few simple steps. We are keeping it simple with only 4 ingredients—boneless turkey breast, oil, onion and garlic.
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe
You do know that turkey is not just for Thanksgiving anymore, don’t you? Yes, that’s right. You can make a juicy turkey breast in the crock pot for any night of the week.
This Crock Pot Turkey Breast is a great weeknight meal option because you can take it from the freezer in the morning before work, put it into your slow cooker, and come home to a home-cooked meal.
Crock Pot Turkey Breast
Our mom shared this simple turkey breast recipe in the crock pot with us, and it is one she uses often. Not only does it make a flavorful, moist, juicy turkey breast EVERY TIME, but she can also get more than one meal from it. Cooking a 3 lb boneless turkey breast in crock pot is easy peasy, and this juicy turkey breast recipe has only 4 ingredients plus salt and black pepper.
Serve crock pot turkey breast with your favorite vegetable and mashed potatoes and gravy straight from the crock pot. Then use the leftovers to make Mom’s Wild Rice and Broccoli Soup. Or check out our friend’s 17 Recipes for Turkey Leftovers post over at My Fearless Kitchen.
Notes about Juicy Slow Cooker Turkey Breast Recipe:
- Mom’s crock pot turkey breast recipe calls for a 6 to 6 and a 1/2 pound boneless turkey breast.
- Cooking a 3 lb boneless turkey breast in crock pot can also be done with this recipe. Barbara used a 3 and a half pound breast and it turned out perfect. So perfect, that her 3-year-old kept stealing pieces from the cutting board as Barbara sliced it.
- If you are cooking a 6 lb turkey breast, the cooking time will be 6 to 8 hours. For a smaller 3 lb turkey breast, cooking time will be between 3 to 4 hours. Be sure to always use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- This is also a keto turkey breast crock pot recipe. You can modify the amounts of onions and garlic to keep it in keto range. Low carb turkey breast for the win! You could also pair this keto turkey breast recipe for the crock pot with Mashed Cauliflower. Double low carb for the win.
- Can we just say—4 ingredients! This simple turkey breast recipe in the slow cooker only has 4 ingredients. Boneless turkey breast, oil, onion and garlic. How easy is that?
- Be sure to season the boneless turkey breast with plenty of salt and black pepper.
What is your favorite leftover turkey recipe? We use our leftover turkey breast from the crock pot many different recipes. Check them out here!
How to Make Turkey Breast in the Crock Pot:
For the full recipe for a boneless turkey breast in the slow cooker, see below.
- Rub turkey breast with vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add boneless turkey breast to the crock pot insert.
- Add onions and garlic, and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
After making this crock pot turkey breast, you’ll never make it any other way.
This Crock Pot Turkey Breast is a quick way to take a frozen boneless turkey breast and turn it into a tender, juicy main dish in just a few simple steps.
- 1 6 lb. boneless turkey breast frozen
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 4 garlic cloves
Rub the turkey breast with vegetable oil; season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the breast in the crock pot.
- Peel the onion and quarter, and place around the breast.
- Peel the garlic and scatter around the breast.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Check internal temperature. Poultry should be cooked to 165 degrees F.
- Discard the onions and garlic before eating.
Original recipe calls for 6 to 6 and 1/2 pound turkey breast, but you can use a smaller one if you aren't feeding an army. We used a 3 and a half pound turkey breast and cooked it for 3 to 4 hours.