Instant Pot Buttery Chicken is a quick and easy way to fix flavorful chicken breasts that are perfect served over rice or noodles.
Do you keep a bag of frozen chicken breasts in the freezer? Barbara always does. It’s a great staple item.
Frozen meats, including chicken breasts, are great. We have all had experience with that package of meat in the refrigerator that we just did not use in time.
If your day (or week) blows up and your meal planning does not go as planned, you do not have to worry about using the fresh chicken (or ground beef or pork chops) before it goes bad.
Barbara also loves that she can pull out the bag of frozen chicken breasts and thaw out as many pieces as she needs.
Instant Pot Buttery Chicken
Barbara modified this recipe from Pot O’ Gold, her favorite cookbook ever. The original recipe calls for the chicken to be cooked in the oven, but using an electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot cuts the cooking time to almost nothing!
Serve this Instant Pot Buttery Chicken over rice or noodles with a side salad or your favorite vegetables. Might we suggest this Quick Asparagus and Corn Salad.
- 3 lb. thawed, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 stick butter
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Sprinkle thawed chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the stick of butter in a 6 quart Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. Turn on Saute mode until butter is melted.
- Add the chicken to the melted butter.
- Close lid, and turn vent to seal.
- Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker to naturally release pressure.
- Shred or chop chicken into chunks and add back to the cooking liquid.
- Serve over rice.