Easy, flavorful appetizers, like shrimp served with this Cold Crab Party Dip, are our favorite dishes at family gatherings.
Cold shrimp is a must-have for our family, especially for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and this Cold Crab Party Dip takes the ordinary cocktail sauce usually served with shrimp to another level. Don’t get me wrong, I love cocktail sauce, but this is so much better.
Barbara discovered this dip at a party and the hostess said it was an old family recipe and shared it with her. Aren’t those the best recipes? The ones we taste at a friend’s party and end up taking the recipe home to try later.
Cold Crab Party Dip
This dip combines all of those classic ingredients that make a good party dip, especially cream cheese. Our family has a favorite hot crab dip with cream cheese that is a staple at family holiday meals so this cold crab dip is a nice complement to it.
Have I told you that this recipe features cream cheese? I thought it was worth mentioning one more time.
So, grab a couple boxes of crackers and enjoy this dip at your next get-together. Or designate a weeknight as “Appetizers for Dinner” night and make this, your family will thank you.
- 12 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 small onion minced
- Dash of garlic salt
- 6 1/2 oz. can crabmeat
- 1 bag cooked and peeled shrimp patted dry
- 1/2 bottle chili sauce
- Chopped parsley
- Cream softened cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Miracle Whip, onion and garlic salt together.
- Spread in the bottom of a platter or pie plate.
- Pour 1/2 bottle of chili sauce on top.
- Drain crabmeat and sprinkle over the chili sauce.
- Arrange shrimp on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley for garnish.
- Serve with crackers.