Sometimes eating healthier really is easy, like with this 5-Minute Low Carb Lemon Chicken Salad which is perfect served on your favorite type of lettuce. By using canned chicken, you can whip this dish up in no time.
Who doesn’t love a meal that takes 5 minutes to make? And this chicken salad is not only super easy to make, but it is also a great low carb option. Just grab some Romaine lettuce (or iceberg) and you have a meal.
5-Minute Low Carb Lemon Chicken Salad
Barbara loves using canned chicken – one of her favorite pantry staples – for quick meal prep. If you have not tried canned chicken, you really should give it a shot. It is not only great to use in chicken salad, it also makes prepping your favorite casseroles quick and easy.
Be sure to drain and then lightly flake the chicken before adding the Parmesan cheese and other ingredients. Also, you will need to stir the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper together until the juice and oil are well mixed.
Barbara often doubles this 5-Minute Low Carb Lemon Chicken Salad at the beginning of the week, and then take it for her lunch.
If you are looking for a more traditional chicken salad, try our 3-Ingredient Chicken Salad (also made with canned chicken).
- 1 (12.5 oz) can chicken breast chunks
- 1 Tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drain chicken breast chunks, lightly flake the chunks; add Parmesan cheese and mix.
- Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper until emulsified.
- Pour over chicken and cheese mixture, and stir together.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate until later.
- Tastes great served in lettuce cups.