These Low-Carb Salmon Patties have the flavor of the classic salmon patty recipe with none of the fillers. Both recipes are kid-approved and easy to make.
Barbara makes salmon patties quite often – they are a favorite of her daughters (her husband isn’t as big of a fan). So Barbara usually plans to make them when her husband has an evening meeting or is traveling for work. She invites our cousin Janet to dinner on these evenings as she’s a HUGE fan of Barbara’s salmon patties!
Low-Carb Salmon Patties
While our Classic Salmon Patties are “classic” for a reason, Barbara actually makes these Low-Carb Salmon Patties just as often as the others.
Actually, she says she can give you a thousand reasons to make these:
- They are delicious
- They are fast.
- Canned Salmon is affordable. (Never seen/bought it? Here are some options.)
- Canned Salmon can be a staple in your pantry. Staples are great for quick meals.
- These are kid friendly
- Canned Salmon is a good source of calcium.
- Canned Salmon is high in protein and Omega 3’s.
- You can get it at Aldi, our favorite grocery store.
- This recipe fits the bill for those of you on a low-carb diet, like Ketogenic.
- You can eat these with a fork or as a sandwich!
Ok, that’s 10 reasons. But, we think that’s enough!
- 1 (14.75 oz.) can Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon
- 1 egg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Drain salmon into a bowl, and reserve the liquid.
- Remove bones and skin from the salmon.
- Add eggs, black pepper and salt to the salmon. Mix with your hands until incorporated. The mixture should be slightly wet and sloppy. If too dry, add some salmon broth back to the mixture.
- Add butter and olive oil to a skillet; heat over medium heat until butter mixture is sizzling.
- Make 4 patties out of salmon mixture; add to the skillet.
- Cook on each side 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. We earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links.