This 6-Ingredient Hot Crab Dip recipe is simple to prepare but big on flavor. It is as easy as mixing together the ingredients and heating up the crab dip in the oven. What are the six ingredients? Canned crab meat, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, milk, and slivered almonds for a topping (optional). What’s even better? This recipe only bakes for 15 minutes. High Five!
6-Ingredient Hot Crab Dip
This recipe has been on our Christmas menu for as long as we can remember – at least more than 20 years. This 6-Ingredient Hot Crab Dip originated from a fellow teacher who taught with our mom (thanks Mr. Suits). We serve it with a variety of crackers. You can even mix this ahead of time, and warm it on location, but just note that it may take a little longer to heat through this way.
Note: As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you have certain recipes that are a must for your holiday gatherings? Some of our family favorites are Old-Fashioned Pea Salad, Dainty Log Butter Cookies, Grandma’s Butterscotch Rolls, and Aunt Peggy’s Cheesy Taco Dip.
How to Make Hot Crab Dip
Full recipe is at the end of this post.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain crab meat. Combine crab meat, cream cheese (room temperature), Worcestershire Sauce, milk and onion. Pour into a small baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with slivered almonds if desired, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Notes about this 6-Ingredient Hot Crab Dip recipe
- If you are on a budget, you can make the dip with only one can of crab meat.
- Canned crab meat is found in the same aisle as canned tuna. There is usually only one or two different brands.
- You could change this recipe up by swapping out the canned crab for canned shrimp. Yum!
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature on the counter before mixing.
- If the dip feels really thick, add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time until you get the desired consistency.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
This hot crab dip is simple to prepare but big on flavor. It's as easy as mixing together the ingredients and heating it in the oven.
- 12 oz. canned crab meat, drained
- 16 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 Tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2.25 oz. slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine crab meat, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, milk and onion. Pour into a small baking dish such as a 1 quart Pyrex or a 6 1/2 inch Corning Ware dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with desired amount of slivered almonds. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until completely heated through.