This Bologna Salad features just four ingredients and is perfect for a snack with crackers, spread on toast or as a sandwich with a slice of cheese and some lettuce.
Bologna Salad Recipe
Sometimes, the simplest, most humble ingredients combine to make the tastiest recipes. This ham salad recipe with bologna is just that.
Bologna from Rihm Foods outside of Cambridge City, Ind. is a favorite treat at Barbara’s house. To say it simply, her husband and girls love Rihm’s bologna. They snack on it by itself, make sandwiches with it or put it on crackers with cheese.
Our Uncle Sam and Aunt Peggy live JUST down the road from Rihm Foods, and they often combine a trip to visit them with a stop at Rihm Foods. They stock up on not only their bologna but also their bacon (it is the bomb) and State Fair pork burgers (think pork burgers with bacon in them).
Last time Barbara stocked up at Rihm Foods, a lady shared this recipe for what was claimed to be the “best bologna/ham salad”. If you aren’t familiar, then you might not know that ham salad made with bologna is a common thing around these parts.
It did not disappoint. Barbara modified the original recipe a bit for the perfect ratio of bologna and hard boiled eggs. This recipe is old-fashioned or vintage; it seems to be one of those recipes that takes you back to your childhood. Check out our other Old-Fashioned Bologna Salad too!
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Sweet Pickle Relish
How to Make Bologna Salad Recipe
Step by Step Instructions
- Pulse bologna and hard boiled eggs in a food processor. Scrape down the sides of the food processor to the desired consistency.
- Add relish and mayonnaise and stir.
Store in an airtight container or a covered container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
For the full sandwich spread recipe, scroll to the bottom of this post.
- Use a food processor in order to make this ham salad with Bologna. Next, add pickle relish and mayonnaise and mix.
- Taste test and add more pickle relish or mayo to suit your taste if needed.
- Most importantly, grab some crackers or toast some bread and enjoy.
- Old Recipe Bologna Salad can be eaten as an appetizer or a main course.
- Add cheddar cheese to the mixture.
- Finely minced celery or onions are a great addition.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add a dash of yellow mustard.
Serve up Old Recipe Bologna Salad along side these other vintage salad recipes:
- 1 lb. bologna (Rihm's is our favorite brand)
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 10 oz. pickle relish
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Add bologna and hard boiled eggs to food processor; pulse until roughly chopped.
- Pour bologna/egg mixture into a bowl and add relish and mayonnaise. Stir until combined.
- Cheese lovers can add shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve on bread or toast or with crackers.
- To make this ham salad with Bologna, you will need a food processor to combine the bologna and hard boiled eggs until they are roughly chopped. Add pickle relish and mayonnaise and mix.
- Once the ingredients are combined, do a taste test and add more pickle relish or mayo to suit your taste.
- Cheese lovers can add shredded cheddar cheese to taste.
- Then just grab some crackers or toast some bread and enjoy, and be prepared for a blast from the past.
Linking up to the Weekend Potluck, go check out all the great recipes!
Visit Rihm Foods on Facebook.
This is a sponsored post by Rihm Foods, but the content and opinions are most definitely our own.