Grandma’s Cherry Fluff recipe has just five ingredients and is a dump and go dish perfect for pitch-ins. Originally called Cool Whip Dessert on Grandma’s handwritten recipe card, this vintage dessert recipe is still a hit with all ages.
This cherry dump salad is easy as pie, cherry pie that is! It’s a vintage no-bake, whipped topping-based dessert with five simple ingredients, including cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, chopped pecans, crushed pineapple and cool whip.
Mix all the ingredients together and 2 hours later, you have a family-pleasing dessert for all ages. This is the perfect recipe to bring to a pitch-in for the holidays.
Grandma’s Cherry Fluff
Barbara found this recipe in our grandma’s wooden recipe box, so she decided to whip it up for some friends that were visiting from out of town. It was a hands-down hit with her daughters and the adults alike. There’s something about the cold, whipped, cherry flavor that just screams nostalgia.
This recipe, also called cherry dump salad or cool whip dessert, is essentially one simple step. It uses one bowl, and it can be the same one you serve it. You do need to drain the pineapple first. I find that I fine mesh sieve works the best for draining pineapple. I got one for my wedding ten years ago, and I use it quite regularly.
How to Make Cherry Fluff Dessert
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cherry pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, chopped pecans, drained crushed pineapple and cool whip.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
That’s it. Two steps, 5 simple ingredients.
For the full recipe for cherry dump salad, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Notes About Cherry Pie Fluff:
- This easy recipe has 2 steps, and only 5 ingredients.
- Be sure to chill it for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
- Looking for recipes using cherry pie filling? Try Glazed Oatmeal Cherry Bars.
Interested in other “Fluff” Cool Whip desserts? Try these:
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Linking up to Meal Plan Monday.
Grandma's Cherry Fluff
- 15 oz. cherry pie filling, canned
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 20 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 oz. cool whip
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Be sure the pineapple is drained first. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Chill for a minimum 2 hours before serving.