Peanut Butter Cornflake Drop Cookies contain 4 simple ingredients transformed into a no bake cookie sensation. You too can conquer these easy, chewy cookies with a perfectly peanut butter flavor, in approximately 10 minutes flat.
Peanut Butter Cornflake Drop Cookies Recipe:
Here’s the scenario: we are social distancing. I’m sure you are doing the same. Baking is the perfect activity to pass the time, and my kiddies love to help out. This easy no bake cookie recipe is the perfect starter recipe for small children. First off, there’s only 4 ingredients, and they get experience using liquid and dry measuring cups.
This brings up a good point. While baking, be sure to use a liquid measuring device for all ingredients such as corn syrup. Use dry measuring cups for dry ingredients like cornflakes. Using the incorrect measuring devices can impact the results of your desserts in a negative way. Check out our “Kitchen Stuff You Need” list in our Amazon storefront to see items – like measuring cups – that we have in our kitchen!
Secondly, baking is a natural way to master fractions for little kids. Let’s face it, hands-on baking is way more fun that learning fractions on paper.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Cookies
Did I mention how amazing these peanut butter drop cookies are? Peanut Butter ranks at the top of my favorite list (along side chocolate), and these easy cornflake cookies are packed in peanut butter flavor. Growing up, the mom of my sister’s BFF made these for us. Obviously they are delicious, because I’m still making them after all these years.
Another great thing about these peanut butter no bake cookies is that you don’t need the oven. All the work is done on the stove-top which keeps the kitchen from getting hot during those summer months. My family lives in my grandparent’s old farm house right smack on the farm, and we get by with a couple window air conditioners. Using the oven really heats up the house. On those super hot summer days, I love making no bake recipes for dessert.
How to Make No Bake CornFlake Cookies:
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar and corn syrup to a full boil.
- Add peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over cornflakes, stirring gently until all the cornflakes are coated evenly.
- Drop onto parchment paper; let cool before eating.
For the full instructions for Easy Cornflake Cookies, scroll to the bottom of this post.
Notes About Peanut Butter Drop Cookies:
- Corn Syrup is sticky! Spray the liquid measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray to make your life easier. The corn syrup will slide right out without sticking.
- Work fast while stirring in the cornflakes and dropping into cookies because they will set up fast.
- Drop the easy cornflake cookies onto parchment paper or waxed paper for easy cleanup.
- What can you do with extra cornflakes? Try making Cheesy Cabbage Casserole or Grandma’s Chicken Rice Casserole.
Our Favorite No Bake Dessert Recipes
Keep your kitchen cool with these no bake dessert recipes:
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Linking up to Meal Plan Monday.
Peanut Butter Cornflake Drop Cookies
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 5 cups cornflakes
- In a medium saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, add peanut butter and stir until completely incorporated.
- Remove from heat, and add cornflakes. Stir until cornflakes are completely covered in peanut butter sauce.
- Quickly drop by the spoonful onto wax paper. Let cool before eating.