Sometimes we all just need an easy side dish that is really quick to make, and this Easy Roasted Cauliflower fits the bill perfectly. The trick to this dish is really in the roasting. The cauliflower needs plenty of time in the oven and you flip it several times during the cooking process.
Easy Roasted Cauliflower
This Easy Roasted Cauliflower is so easy that it should not even qualify as a recipe! But I have to admit, I LOVE recipes like this one that allow me to take a few easy ingredients and make something yummy. Just be sure to allow plenty of time for this to be in the oven as it’s not one of those fast cooking dishes!
Barbara makes this all the time and has had countless friends ask how she makes it. It is even an inside joke with one friend when they are getting together that Barbara “will bring the cauliflower.”
Making dinner for a crowd, use two or even three heads of cauliflower and add a bit more olive oil, salt and pepper and you have a great side dish to feed the masses. Add a small bowl of ranch to the table and the kids (and adults) will love dipping this roasted cauliflower in their favorite dressing.
Sometimes the simplest of recipes can be one of the best tasting dishes. While our Easy Roasted Cauliflower only uses olive oil, salt and pepper for seasoning, it is still full of flavor.
A big reason for this is leaving it in a hot oven for a good amount of time to allow the cauliflower to crisp up and brown. But do not forget to flip the cauliflower three to four times so all sides get crispy!
Sometimes we all just need an easy side dish that is really quick to make, and this Easy Roasted Cauliflower fits the bill perfectly.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry cauliflower; break into small florets (Don't toss the stems. Instead, chop into small pieces).
- Add cauliflower, olive oil, salt and pepper to a bowl, and stir to evenly coat the cauliflower.
- Pour onto a roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring and flipping cauliflower every 15 minutes.
- Cauliflower is done when it's lightly browned and fork tender.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.