Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup is a hearty, flavorful dish perfect for dinner any night of the week. Add some crackers and enjoy!
Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup
This soup comes from one of Barbara’s good friends, Maryann. It is one of those throw-it-all-together-and-enjoy kinds of soups, especially good on a cold winter’s day.
Maryann shared the recipe with Barbara years ago and it has stood the test of time and is even kid-approved.
We use regular ground pork sausage in this soup. You could use a flavored sausage, like Italian, or even use a turkey sausage if you prefer.
The white beans in this Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup are actually Cannellini beans. Be sure to just dump them in undrained.
Once the soup is heated through, all that is left is to ladle it out into your favorite soup bowls, add crackers and dig in!
Other TOC Soup Recipes
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup flour
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- ½ lb. ground pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can undrained cannellini beans
- Salt and Pepper
- Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes while stirring occasionally or until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour.
- Slowly add the evaporated milk and chicken broth while stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture comes to a complete boil, add sausage and beans.
- Heat through, and season with salt and pepper.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. We earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links.