This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe features the flavors of lemon and ginger and takes less than an hour from prep to table. The fresh flavor is so yummy that you’ll forget that you are doing something good for your body. Using a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as an Instant Pot) makes this fast and easy.
We love vegetable soup. When Barbara is feeling like she’s overdone it, she turns to soups such as our Low Calorie Cabbage Soup. Recently, she ate Thai food at a local joint and was inspired by their use of lemon and ginger. Next thing you know, this delicious vegetable soup with lemon and ginger was born. She calls it her detox vegetable soup!
Our favorite vegetables to add to vegetable soup include onion, celery, carrots and garlic, but you can add whatever you have on hand.
Using a pressure cooker, like an Instant Pot, frees up space on the stove top. We love how you toss everything in, set it, and go!
This soup gets better as the week goes on. Barbara loves eating a whole batch herself and she’s even been know to eat it for breakfast and lunch.
Notes about this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe
- Use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- You can chop, dice, and shred your vegetables by hand, but Barbara prefers to use a food processor. So fast! And it gets the carrots into thin “coin” shapes.
- Use about a 2-inch chunk of ginger. Be sure to peel it. Toss the whole chunk in, and be sure to fish it out before eating. If you have extra ginger, put it in a resealable bag and freeze it.
- We used vegetable broth for this recipe, but you could use chicken or beef broth. Low sodium is best.
- If you don’t like heat, leave out the red pepper flakes. Or add more if you like it HOT!
- For easy storage and transport, try storing your soup in mason jars with lids.
How To Make Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Toss all ingredients into a multi-functional electric pressure cooker (Instant pot). Close the lid, and be sure it is locked into place. Be sure the pressure valve is closed. Turn on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once cooking is complete, let the pressure release using the natural method. Fish out the ginger chunk and discard before eating. If desired, serve with fresh basil.
Linking up to some great recipes over at Weekend Potluck.
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe features the flavors of lemon and ginger and takes less than an hour from prep to table.
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, thin slices
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 chunk ginger, peeled (2 inch chunk)
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- fresh basil, optional
Add all ingredients to the cooking insert of a electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
Close and seal the lid, locking it into place. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Allow pressure to release using the natural pressure release method.
Fish out ginger chunk and discard before eating. Top with fresh basil if desired.