This Chicken Crescent Bake recipe features just five ingredients – many of which are probably already in your pantry or refrigerator. We use canned chicken for this recipe but feel free to substitute leftover rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken.
There’s nothing like a delicious meal that can be thrown together with those regular items that you stash in your cabinet and refrigerator.
For me, I always have canned chicken (mainly because I’m obsessed with my chicken salad recipe), shredded cheese, crescent rolls, and cream of chicken soup. Who knew you could put all these together for a fast meal that everyone will love.
Canned crescent rolls are so versatile. Of course, you can make them according to the package, but they can do so much more! Turn them into Quick Cinnamon Rolls. Add your favorite fruit and make a delicious dessert like this Crescent Cherry Cheesecake Cobbler from The Country Cook or these Crock Pot Apple Dumplings from Recipes That Crock!
Chicken Crescent Bake
This cheesy chicken crescent bake comes from my Glenwood Cooperative days while at Purdue University, and that means it can easily be doubled or tripled (or more) to feed a crowd.
Want to try some of my other college day favorites?
- Thai Chicken Wraps with Peanut Sauce
- 20-Minute Ham and Cheddar Chowder
- Chicken Bow-Tie Pasta Salad
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Casserole,
- Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars.
How to Make a Chicken Crescent Casserole
The full recipe is provided below.
Drain the canned chicken and break it apart with a fork. Combine the cheese and chicken, and mix well. Add some of the chicken mixture to the unfolded pastry and then roll them up. Place filled pastry in a greased, glass baking dish. Pour milk and cream of chicken soup into a small saucepan. Stir mixture on stove top until it is heated through. Pour soup mixture on top of rolls, and then bake until lightly brown and bubbly.
More Recipes Featuring Canned Chicken
We used canned chicken often in our recipes, so I included a few of my favorites below.
- Easy Chicken Noodle Casserole with Potato Chips
- 10-Minute Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 5-Minute Low-Carb Lemon Chicken Salad
This Chicken Crescent Bake recipe features just five ingredients - many of which are probably already in your pantry or refrigerator. We use canned chicken for this recipe but feel free to substitute leftover rotisserie chicken or shredded chicken.
- 1 12.5 oz. can canned chicken
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package refrigerator crescent rolls 8 small or 6 large
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain canned chicken; break up chunks with a fork. Add shredded cheese to chicken and mix well.
- Unfold crescents and fill with 2T-3T chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place in a greased 8x8 inch pan.
- Heat cream of chicken soup and milk until hot; stir until smooth.
- Pour soup mixture on top of crescents.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly,