These decadent Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars are knock your socks off good and super easy to make with just six ingredients.
A mom of one of Barbara’s high school friends would make a version of these dessert bars, and when she ran across this recipe in her Glenwood (college cooperative) stash, she had to know if they were one in the same.
Her verdict? Barbara was pleasantly surprised to find out they were indeed just as delicious as the ones from her memories.
Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars
Recipes that start with a cake mix are the ultimate time savers. These Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars also use ingredients that most of us have on hand the majority of the time. That means this is one recipe we can whip up for a last minute dessert or afternoon snack for the kiddos.
You always have at least one package of cream cheese (or 4) in your refrigerator, right? Please tell us we aren’t the only ones that consider cream cheese a kitchen “staple”!
Need some more ideas for those uninspiring boxed cake mixes in your pantry?
Do you have a favorite way to kick a cake mix up a notch?
- Cake Mix:
- 1 (16.5 oz.) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Gooey Mix:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- Mix cake mix, melted butter and 2 eggs together and press into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese, 2 eggs and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- Spread onto cake mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.