Who doesn’t need some 10 minute dinners that you can toss together after a long day at work? This 10-Minute Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta is the perfect weeknight meal. By using canned chicken, leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken, this meal an be on the table in just minutes.
In the time it takes to cook the spaghetti, you can have the perfect sauce for this 10-Minute Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta dish.
This version can be modified in several ways to suit your family. Barbara uses canned chicken, a new favorite staple at her house. If you have leftover grilled chicken (try ours) or rotisserie chicken, you can definitely use in this dish. The pre-cooked or pre-grilled chicken in the refrigerated section of the grocery store will work in this too.
You can also use any variety of spaghetti. We like whole wheat spaghetti. (Here’s a secret…don’t have any spaghetti in your pantry? Use whatever pasta you have on hand!)
Also, we used shredded Parmesan cheese because that is what was in Barbara’s refrigerator, but grated Parmesan would work fine too.
The only ingredients that should NOT be substituted is the lemon peel and fresh lemon juice. The bottled lemon juice just doesn’t pack the flavor needed for this dish.
- 8 oz. spaghetti regular or whole wheat
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 12.5 oz. can chunk chicken, drained
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Cook spaghetti in boiling, salted water as directed on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat butter in a skillet over medium, low heat. Add grated lemon, whipping cream and drained chicken. Warm slowly, and gently break up chicken into large chunks.
- Once spaghetti is cooked, use tongs to add to the skillet (this keeps a little pasta water on the spaghetti which helps the sauce). Add fresh lemon juice and cheese.
- Toss to mix. If pasta seems a little dry, add a couple tablespoons of pasta water.
- Top with additional lemon peel and cheese if desired.
Want more recipes featuring canned chicken?