Sometimes you just need a recipe, like this Easy Taco Salad, that is quick to prepare and uses ingredients that are already in the house.
We have all been in the situation where we just do not know what to fix for dinner and the refrigerator doesn’t hold many inspiring options. This Easy Taco Salad can be the answer to the question, “Mom, what’s for dinner?”
Barbara adapted this Easy Taco Salad from Recipes from the Hearts of Our Families and Friends at First Baptist Church of Shelbyville, Indiana. I have to say it again, church ladies sure know how to cook! The original recipe was intended to feed a crowd – maybe at a church pitch-in. Barbara adapted it to feed her family of four without a huge amount of leftovers.
Easy Taco Salad Ingredients
- Ground beef
- Red kidney beans, drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Corn chips
- Italian Dressing, bottled
Notes about Easy Taco Salad
- If you do not have any fresh tomatoes in the house, a can of diced tomatoes will work just fine. Drain them first.
- You can add taco seasoning to the ground beef if you want to add more flavor.
- The addition of the corn chips in this easy taco salad adds that extra crunch. You could use crushed tortilla chips.
- If you want to fix the salad ahead of time, just leave out the corn chips and dressing and add those right before serving.
- Looking for a lighter salad option, check out our Simple Mango Farro Kale Salad.
- Check out our Amazon Store for our favorite pantry and kitchen items.
We love anything taco and celebrate Taco Tuesday almost every week. Here are some of our favorite taco-related recipes.
- Deep Dish Taco Squares
- Taco Dip with Meat and Beans
- Easy Crock Pot Taco Soup
- Taco Rice Skillet
- Crock Pot Low Carb Taco Soup
- Instant Pot Shredded Taco Beef
- Mexican Goulash
Easy Taco Salad
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 can red kidney beans drained
- 2-3 tomatoes cut up
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed corn chips
- 1 cup bottled Italian Dressing
- Brown ground beef; be sure to season with salt and pepper. Drain if needed.
- Shred lettuce.
- Toss lettuce with ground beef, beans, tomatoes, cheese, and corn chips.
- Add Italian Dressing to your liking.
- To prepare ahead of time, mix all ingredients together except corn chips and dressing. Add both right before serving.
- Don’t have fresh tomatoes? Use a can of diced tomatoes.
- The nutritional information is auto-calculated and can vary depending on the products used. It should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.