This Simple Mango Farro Kale Salad is flavorful and easy to make. It combines fresh produce with healthy canned foods for a salad that’s light, yet filling.
Barbara put together this Simple Mango Farro Kale Salad one day while we were working on some awesome coffee recipes coming soon to this blog.
She served it as an entree but it would also be a great side salad. I could see it served with a nice grilled chicken breast or a salmon filet.
Now, if you are like me, you are asking “what is farro?” Well, according to Google, farro is a grain. More specifically it is an unhybridized form of wheat that has a firm, chewy texture. It’s most commonly used in soups and salads, like this one.
I can confirm that farro also has a great flavor…especially in this Simple Mango Farro Kale Salad.
Barbara wanted me to tell you to be sure to follow the directions on the package to cook the farro properly before adding to the other ingredients. Also, de-stem the kale and cut it into strips so it is easier to eat.
Do you enjoy eating your kale cooked? Try our Tangy Wilted Kale and Bacon.
Simple Mango Farro Kale Salad
Other Salad Recipes
This Simple Mango Farro Kale Salad is flavorful and easy to make. It combines fresh produce with healthy canned foods for a salad that's light, yet filling.
- 1 cup farro
- 15.5 oz. can chickpeas drained
- 15 oz. can mango drained and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 cups kale de-stemmed and cut into strips
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook farro per package instructions.
- In a bowl, mix farro, chickpeas, mango, bell pepper and kale.
- In a separate bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, basil, mustard, honey and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over salad.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Referral links used in this post.