You can essentially dump in all of the ingredients, walk away, and come back to perfectly baked Crock Pot Seven Layer Bars.
The idea for this idea came from our favorite Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook but Barbara modified it using our mom’s recipe. She makes Seven Layer Bars (or Magic Bars) every Christmas. It’s just one of the many Christmas cookies she makes. When we say many, think at least a dozen different types of cookies (we’ll share more on here, we promise).
A great thing about most of the cookies she makes is that they all freeze really well. As you can probably guess, Mom has to start baking weeks before the holidays to be able to make all the different cookies so she’s mastered the art of freezing cookies over the years!
It’s so great to be able to pull a couple of tins out of the freezer and have yummy cookies throughout the holiday season!
Crock Pot Seven Layer Bars
Barbara used her casserole crock pot for this recipe and it was – in her words – perfection!
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 oz.) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Line casserole crock pot insert with the pieces of parchment, each going in opposite directions, with some excess paper hanging over the sides for easy removal of cookies. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter into crock pot insert; sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the graham cracker crumbs.
- Top with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, coconut and nuts; gently press the ingredients down.
- Cover and bake for 3 hours on high heat or until edges are lightly browned and center is firm and set.
- Pull the bars out using the parchment paper and cut.
Referral links were used in this post.