We grew up getting these Cinnamon Glazed Nuts from our good family friend, Susan Coers, every December, along with a plate full of other homemade candies. Aren’t these homemade treats the best kinds of gifts?
Honestly, I avoided the candied pecans in my younger years and went for the buckeyes (peanut butter balls) and other chocolate treats. However, I grew to appreciate these and now our mom has to hide them from us if she wants any for herself!
Cinnamon Glazed Nuts
These pecan treats are super easy – only 5 ingredients! And this recipe is a breeze to double (or triple or quadruple) for those holiday gatherings or gift exchanges!
Put them in a cute holiday tin or a mason jar with a cute ribbon and you have a gift from the heart.
Be careful when you are making these because they smell (and taste) just like those irresistible, warm, crunchy nuts at the mall kiosks. So have a distribution plan in place or risk eating them all fresh from the oven!
If you get the Christmas baking bug, your oven might be prime real estate. If that’s the case, you should try our Crock Pot Glazed Pecans.
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Beat egg white until foamy; add pecans and stir until coated.
- Mix salt, cinnamon and sugar together.
- Add cinnamon mixture to coated pecans, and mix well.
- Spread pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes; stirring the nuts every 15 minutes of baking (3 times).
- Cool on parchment paper.
Check out our other recipes featuring pecans:
- Crock Pot Glazed Pecans
- Grandma’s Butterscotch Pecan Rolls
- Chocolate Nut Cookies
- Pistachio Coffee Cake
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Iced Thumbprint Cookies