Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef is full of flavor and perfect served with steamed vegetables and rice. The best part of this dish is that it takes a fraction of the time in the electric pressure cooker rather than in the oven.
Barbara’s new weekend plan is to cook several meals at a time and then pull them out a weeknight when she just doesn’t have the time to cook. She’ll have one meal going in the electric pressure cooker, one in the crock pot and one in the oven. It’s a lot of work but it makes her week smooth sailing.
She especially likes to do this with beef roasts in the electric pressure cooker because they still take 99 minutes which just isn’t doable during the week. We used a chuck roast but you could use other lean beef roasts that benefit from a “slow cook.”
Instant Pot Hawaiian Beef
Cook up the thawed beef roast, then shred and serve it over rice with a bag of frozen Asian vegetables. The juice from the beef makes a delicious sauce that soaks into the rice.
If you don’t have fresh ginger, consider using ginger paste. Then you can have it in the refrigerator when you need it. We usually have a jar of ginger paste and minced garlic in our fridges at all times.
On a side note, make sure that you are properly removing the seal in your pressure cooker after using it. If not, the ginger is going to linger in your pot – yuck!
- 2-3 lb. beef roast, thawed
- 1½ cups pineapple juice
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger or ginger paste
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the roast in the electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot insert.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, and pour over roast.
- Cook on high pressure for 99 minutes. (Check the instruction manual for your pressure cooker to double check the recommended guidelines for a beef roast).
- Let pressure release naturally.
- Remove bones, and shred with 2 forks.
- Serve over rice with pan juices as a sauce. Add cooked steamer bag of Asian vegetables for a complete meal.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links.