Bacon and Cheese Snack Mix is a salty and savory treat perfect for your next party. This recipe features peanuts, cheddar cheese, toasted bread cubes and, of course, bacon.
While searching though her favorite cookbook, Pot O’Gold, Barbara stumbled upon this snack mix recipe. It called for bacon, cheddar cheese and peanuts. YUM!
In anticipation of being stuck in the house during a spring snowstorm (YUCK), she stocked up on all the ingredients. This recipe is a winner. Her whole family was snacking on it while playing games.
Bacon and Cheese Snack Mix
Any recipe with bacon and cheddar cheese is a winner in our book. Add peanuts and some seasoned toasted bread cubes and you have an irresistible snack mix.
Instead of using the traditional Chex cereal as the crunch factor, this recipe uses plain white bread that is cubed and tossed with margarine (you could use butter), Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt. It’s lightly toasted in the oven and then tossed with peanuts, bacon and cubed Cheddar cheese.
Barbara even put the extra in a pretty mason jar as a gift for a friend. This Bacon and Cheese Snack Mix would be a great housewarming gift, hostess gift or even Christmas gift.
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 7 slices white bread cubed
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts unsalted
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cubed
- 5 strips bacon cooked and crumbled or cut into chunks
- Combine margarine, Worcestershire sauce and seasoned salt; toss with bread cubes in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until the bread is lightly toasted; stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Add peanuts, cheese and bacon, stir gently to mix.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. We earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links.