Mom’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is quick to put together and is a perfect way to use the zucchinis that just seem to appear in the garden overnight. Like zucchini bread without chocolate chips, just leave them out.
This chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe is our mom’s go-to, fail-proof version. She has been using this recipe (and we have been eating the final product) for years.
Mom’s Perfect Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Our original recipe for this zucchini bread did not call for chocolate chips, but our family has a huge sweet tooth. We actually have a chocolate tooth, and now we won’t eat this bread without the chocolate chips.
The smell of this bread baking, especially the cinnamon aroma, is delightful, and takes us right back to our childhood. Mom would make dozens of loaves of this chocolate chip zucchini bread every summer. It’s good anytime but a piece of this homemade quick zucchini bread fresh out of the oven (well, you should let it cool for a bit) is heavenly.
Our chocolate chip zucchini bread also freezes great. Wrap it in plastic wrap and then a layer of foil. We have pulled loaves that are over a year old from the freezer, and they still taste great!
Want a version of zucchini bread that features applesauce and honey instead of sugar? Try our Moist Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
Serves: 2 loaves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- In a blender, mix eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla until mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture slowly to wet ingredients, blending after each addition until just incorporated.
- Coat chocolate chips with the 1 T. flour.
- Stir into batter by hand.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- If desired, sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for one hour.