This classic Zucchini Pie reminds us of a sugar cream pie with a bit extra cinnamon. Prepared in a blender, this summertime cream pie doesn’t disappoint.
This dessert is perfect with a traditional pie crust, but make this zucchini pie without a crust if you prefer it that way. It is truly delicious either way!
This pie does require a bit of prep work but it’s a simple recipe that is definitely worth the steps.
This “cream” pie has a surprise ingredient…zucchini! A coworker shared this recipe with Barbara a number of years ago. Then she was pleasantly surprised to find a very similar recipe saved among our Grandmother’s recipes.
While it isn’t a recipe either of us remembers her making, finding it makes us think she made and enjoyed a zucchini pie or two in her day.
How to Make This Recipe
Once you peel the zucchini, cut it into cubes and cook it on the stove top by boiling it until fork tender. Once the zucchini is cooked and drained, the rest of the recipe is really simple. Measure the zucchini AFTER you cook it to get the cup needed for the recipe.
Just add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Then pour into an uncooked pie crust and bake.
You can definitely make your own pie crust but while our Grandma was a wonderful pie crust maker, both Barbara and I took after our mom when it comes to pie crusts…we can NOT make them! So, we rely on pre-made pie crusts – either the ones you find in the refrigerated section at the grocery store or the frozen pie crusts.
Other Zucchini Recipes
If you are like us and have oodles and oodles of zucchinis from the garden, check out some of our other favorite zucchini recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Butterscotch Zucchini Cake
- Spicy Roasted Zucchini
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- 1 cup cubed and cooked zucchini measure after cooked
- 1 12 fl. oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flour, heaping
- 1 egg
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To prepare zucchini, peel, wash and cube. Cook in boiling water until fork tender. Drain. Measure after cooking.
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into uncooked pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes; then turn down oven to 325 degrees F and continue baking for 30-40 minutes or until center is completely set.
- Let cool before eating.
Linking up to Meal Plan Monday!
Linking up to Weekend Potluck!