Zucchini Quiche is a great dish year round, but especially when the zucchini is plentiful from the garden or farmers’ market. This recipe can be a great breakfast or brunch option.
We are on the endless quest of finding zucchini recipes during the summer months when the zucchini never seems to stop growing. In the frequently made recipe column is Mom’s Zucchini Bread, Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Mocha Glaze, Cheesy Summer Squash and Zucchini Casserole, and Zucchini Pie, but we are always looking for something new.
Zucchini Quiche Recipe
This cheesy zucchini quiche recipe is similar to one Barbara found in the cookbook, Taste of Home, Most Requested Recipes. However, she made some changes to make it more friendly for her family.
Her husband isn’t a big fan of onions, so she left those out and added onion powder instead. If you wanted to use onions, throw them in when you cook the zucchini.
We also used a deep dish pie crust, and added more zucchini than in the original recipe. Another change is swapping mustard which her family isn’t fond of for Worcestershire Sauce. Last of all, we replaced butter with olive oil.
One important note…you’ll notice our crust always gets a bit browner than planned so if you want a perfect crust, you may want to cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking or use one of those cool pie crust protectors.
Note: As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make Easy Zucchini Quiche
Heat olive oil over medium heat and add zucchini. Cook until tender then remove from heat and drain if needed. In a large bowl, beat eggs, Worcestershire sauce and herbs/spices and then add cheese and zucchini and stir. Pour into frozen pie crust and bake.
This tasty zucchini quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch as a side dish.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
- 6 cups zucchini washed and thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 deep dish pie crust frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, sauté until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and drain if a lot of oil remains. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, Worchestershire sauce, and black pepper.
- Add shredded mozzarella and zucchini and stir until incorporated.
- Pour into frozen pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean. It may be necessary to cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of cooking to prevent over-browning.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- This tasty zucchini quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch as a side dish.
- One important note...you'll notice our crust always gets a bit browner than planned so if you want a perfect crust, you may want to cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes of backing or use one of those cool pie crust protectors.
- We also used a deep dish pie crust, and added more zucchini than in the original recipe.
- Another change is swapping mustard which her family isn't fond of for Worcestershire Sauce. Last of all, we replaced butter for olive oil.
- Love zucchini? Try our Spicy Roasted Zucchini, Mom's Perfect Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips, Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Mocha Glaze and Cheesy Zucchini Casserole.