Zucchini Quiche is a great dish year round, but especially when the zucchini is plentiful from the garden or farmers’ market. This easy zucchini quiche recipe, made with homemade crust, frozen pie crust or crustless, can be a great breakfast or brunch option.
Zucchini Quiche Recipe
I love this easy zucchini quiche recipe. The dried herbs give it such a wonderful flavor, and it’s a great way to use up one of those summer zucchini lingering in your refrigerator.
This cheesy zucchini quiche recipe is similar to one I found in the cookbook, Taste of Home, Most Requested Recipes. However, I made some changes to make it more friendly for my family.
My husband isn’t a big fan of onions, so i left those out and added onion powder instead. If you wanted to use onions, throw them in when you cook the zucchini.
Easy Zucchini Quiche Recipe
I also used a deep dish pie crust, and added more zucchini than in the original recipe. Another change is swapping mustard which my family isn’t fond of for Worcestershire Sauce. Last of all, I replaced butter with olive oil.
One important note…you’ll notice our crust always gets a bit browner than planned so if you want a perfect crust, you may want to cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes of baking or use one of those cool pie crust protectors.
Ingredient List for Zucchini and Cheese Quiche
- Zucchini, washed and sliced thin
- Olive Oil
- Large Eggs
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Basil
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Shredded Cheese, mozzarella or Parmesan
- Frozen Pie Crust
How to Make Easy Zucchini Quiche
Step By Step Instructions
- Slice zucchini thin; a food processor works great for this step.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and add zucchini. Cook until tender then remove from heat and drain if needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, Worcestershire sauce, dried parsley, dried basil, dried oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Stir in shredded cheese and zucchini
- Pour egg mixture into frozen pie crust and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Let sit to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve hot or room temperature.
Let leftovers cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
For the full ingredient amounts and recipe steps for zucchini and cheese quiche, scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
This tasty zucchini quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch as a side dish.
- Slice zucchini thin. A food processor works well. If you get them a bit thicker, be sure to cook them a bit longer in the skillet to evaporate some of the water in the zucchini.
- If I do not have onion powder, I often double the amount of garlic powder, or omit it completely.
- Fresh minced onion or dried minced onion can be used instead of onion powder.
- If desired, make homemade pie crust. Marie Callender’s frozen pie crust takes as close to homemade as you can get without the work.
- Or, consider omitting the crust completely for a Zucchini Quiche without pie crust recipe.
What makes a quiche curdle?
Often times, quiche recipes call for vegetables to be pre-cooked in a skillet. Be sure to let these ingredients cool before mixing in raw eggs. Melted butter could also be a culprit when it comes to a curdled quiche. The the melted butter cool a bit before mixing with the raw eggs.
Can you freeze zucchini quiche?
Yes, let the quiche cool completely at room temperature. Cut the quiche into slices and place in an airtight container. Place parchment or wax paper between layers. Freeze for up to 3 months. Let thaw at in the refrigerator.
What to serve with zucchini quiche?
When it comes to serving a zucchini quiche, go classic with the sides such as a salad, bowl of soup, or a club sandwich. If you want the quiche to be the main course, serve with fresh fruit, cottage cheese or applesauce.
We are on the endless quest of finding zucchini recipes during the summer months when the zucchini never seems to stop growing. In the frequently made recipe column is Mom’s Zucchini Bread, Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Mocha Glaze, Cheesy Summer Squash and Zucchini Casserole, and Zucchini Pie, but we are always looking for something new. We also love these Lemon Poppy Seed Bread from Beyer Eats & Drinks.
Easy Quiche Recipes
Quiche is one of our favorite things to make for brunch, lunch or dinner. What makes them so great is how easy it is to swap in and out ingredients.
Zucchini Quiche – Easy Zucchini Quiche Recipe
- 6 cups zucchini washed and thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 deep dish pie crust frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, sauté until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and drain if a lot of oil remains. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, Worchestershire sauce, and black pepper.
- Add shredded mozzarella and zucchini and stir until incorporated.
- Pour into frozen pie crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown, and a toothpick comes out clean. It may be necessary to cover loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of cooking to prevent over-browning.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- This tasty zucchini quiche is perfect for breakfast, brunch or lunch as a side dish.
- One important note…you’ll notice our crust always gets a bit browner than planned so if you want a perfect crust, you may want to cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes of backing or use one of those cool pie crust protectors.
- We also used a deep dish pie crust, and added more zucchini than in the original recipe.
- Another change is swapping mustard which her family isn’t fond of for Worcestershire Sauce. Last of all, we replaced butter for olive oil.
- Love zucchini? Try our Spicy Roasted Zucchini, Mom’s Perfect Zucchini Bread with Chocolate Chips, Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Mocha Glaze and Cheesy Zucchini Casserole.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.