This Make-Ahead Ham and Cheese Quiche can be pulled together the night before you need it and customized to your tastes by simply adding your favorite ingredients. Our favorite version includes deli ham, mozzarella AND cheddar cheese, eggs, and whipping cream.
This easy ham and cheese quiche is a recipe from Maryann, Barbara’s friend. (Maryann also gave us the yummy Tuscan Sausage and White Bean Soup.) She makes this a lot when Barbara’s family comes for the weekend.
They both love how you can toss it together the night before and then just bake it in the morning. (PREP-AHEAD for the WIN). At Barbara’s house, they tend to eat it for lunch or dinner. You can also serve this easy ham and cheese quiche hot out of the oven or cold (at room temperature).
We love making an extra quiche to have for weekday lunches or a quick weeknight meal option. This is also the perfect meal for Thanksgiving or Christmas morning. Prep it ahead the night before, and pop it in the oven so it’s ready when the gifts are unwrapped. We also love making this for family gatherings, bridal or baby showers since it can be served room temperature.
The Best Make-Ahead Ham and Cheese Quiche Recipe
One of the reasons that this easy, cheesy quiche is the best is because it is easily customized to your (or your family’s) tastes. Maryann puts green onions and peppers in her version. With her picky eaters, Barbara tends to leave those out and swap out bacon, sausage or ham.
Barbara has a pantry secret ingredient that she uses in this ham and cheese quiche recipe with heavy cream. Shelf stable whipping cream! It comes in half pint sized containers, and you can pull them out for this recipe or if you have a hankering for whipped cream for your hot chocolate. That way, you don’t have to worry about it going bad in the refrigerator.
One other quick note…be sure to use the deep dish pie crust! You will need the extra space for all the cheesy egg goodness!
HOW TO PREPARE MAKE-AHEAD HAM AND CHEESE QUICHE WITH HEAVY CREAM
For the full Cheesy Ham Quiche recipe, scroll to the bottom of this post.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs and whipping cream; add ham and cheese and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking, pour into a deep dish pie crust, and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until golden brown and set.
Make-Ahead Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 lb. deli ham
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Colby jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. whipping cream
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- Lightly beat eggs and whipping cream until yolks are blended into cream; add ham and cheese and mix well.
- Cover in a bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour into pie crust, and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or lightly golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Customize this quiche to your liking: add green onions and pepper, or bacon, sausage or ham.
- Try shelf stable whipping cream! It comes in half pint sized containers, and you can pull them out for this recipe or if you have a hankering for whipped cream for your hot chocolate. That way, you don't have to worry about it going bad in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to use the deep dish pie crust! You will need the extra space for all the cheesy egg goodness!
- Looking for a new family favorite quiche? Try our Cheeseburger Quiche, Zucchini Quiche or Salmon Quiche.