When you need a quick and kid-friendly meal, this 6-Ingredient Chicken Stir Fry is a great option. This recipe uses simple ingredients, including a surprising one – Miracle Whip.
There are countless nights when we get home from a long day at work, and we have no ideas for dinner. We need something fast, yummy, kid-friendly and economical.
This 6-Ingredient Chicken Stir Fry checks all those boxes. The inspiration for this recipe came from our favorite Pot O’Gold cookbook. Type”Pot O’Gold” in the search box and you’ll find all the other great recipes from the cookbook, including the ever-popular Classic Salmon Patties.
Who knew that you could use Miracle Whip as the oil in a stir-fry? It gives the dish a nice flavor and has a high smoke temperature which is perfect for a stir fry.
Both Barbara and I like to keep bags of frozen veggies in the freezer for this type of meal, and we always have rice in the cabinet. With so many varieties of frozen mixed vegetables, you can customize this dish to meet your family’s demands (we mean tastes…no, demands is probably the right word).
There was a point in Barbara’s life when she never made rice because it never turned out. But then she bought a microwave rice cooker, and her life was changed forever. You get fluffy rice every single time. (As for me…I rely on the frozen steamer bagged rice or Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice.)
6-Ingredient Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- ¾ cup Miracle Whip
- 1 (12 or 16 oz.) pkg. frozen mixed veggies, thawed
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooked Rice
- Mix together chicken and miracle whip until coated; add to a skillet that has been pre-heated over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken for 5 minutes; add mixed vegetables, soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until chicken and veggies are cooked through.
- Serve over rice.