This Salmon Casserole uses macaroni pasta and canned salmon and is quick and easy to put together for a weeknight dinner. This old-fashioned salmon macaroni casserole will remind you of one your mom or grandma put on the table back in the day.
Recently, Barbara dropped this casserole off to a friend who just had twins! And to top it off, she already has a set of twins at home. Yes, you heard it. Two sets of twins. This momma deserved a home-cooked meal.
She had marked this casserole recipe using canned salmon in her trusty Pot O’Gold cookbook months ago. It’s very similar to Mom’s Tuna Casserole, which is one of the most shared recipe from our blog.
Our version uses canned salmon which is also one of our favorite ingredients. Barbara typically uses canned salmon for our Low-Carb Salmon Patties or Classic Salmon Patties. So she was super excited to mix it up and try this recipe.
Like any old-fashioned recipe from our childhood, this recipe calls for a can of cream soup – in this case cream of celery. But, you can definitely make this casserole with cream of mushroom or even cream of chicken soup.
Just like our Mom’s Tuna Casserole, this Salmon Casserole was a hit with the kids.
P.S. Notice the vintage casserole dish? Barbara lives in the house our dad grew up in and inherited many of our grandma’s dishes, especially baking dishes. It always makes us smile to feature them on here!
How to Make Salmon and Noodle Casserole
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Mix all ingredients except for 2 tablespoons of butter and cracker crumbs.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and top with buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake until warmed through.
Find complete ingredient list and instructions below.
Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
This Salmon Casserole uses macaroni pasta and canned salmon and is quick and easy to put together for a weeknight dinner.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 14.75 oz. can salmon, drained and bones and skin removed
- 1 10.5 oz. can cream of celery soup
- 1 5 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup of your favorite crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni per box instructions; drain.
- Spray a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or (2) 2-quart baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together cooked macaroni, salmon, soup, milk and cheese. Break up salmon into chunks as you stir.
- Pour into baking dish(es). Mix together melted butter and crackers; sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly brown and warmed through.