Frozen Pumpkin Delight is the perfect dessert for all of those pumpkin spice latte (PSL) fans out there, especially if you add a dollop of whipped cream.
Frozen Pumpkin Delight
Pumpkin and all of the spices that go with it are a classic fall flavor and this pumpkin-flavored ice cream dessert won’t disappoint.
This is another recipe from Barbara’s days at the Glenwood Cooperative at Purdue University. It comes from her friend, Lindsey T, who was really involved with the kitchen activities when Barbara lived in the house.
A note about the pumpkin in this recipe: you need the 100 percent pure pumpkin (some cans may say “solid-pack”), not the pumpkin pie filling.
Serve it in squares with a dollop of whipped cream (or Cool Whip, your choice, we don’t judge). Or grab your ice cream scoop and a bowl and serve a couple of scoops and add some toppings like your favorite nuts.
Barbara also suggests putting a spoonful in your coffee to make your own PSL!
- 1 15 oz. can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream softened
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, salt. ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Fold in softened ice cream until no more streaks of vanilla ice cream remain.
- Transfer to a 13x9-inch greased pan.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.