Frozen Pumpkin Delight is the perfect dessert for all of those pumpkin spice latte (PSL) fans out there, especially if you add a dollop of whipped cream. Pumpkin and all of the spices that go with it are a classic fall flavor and this frozen pumpkin-flavored ice cream dessert won’t disappoint.
Frozen Pumpkin Delight Recipe
This is another recipe from Barbara’s days at the Glenwood Cooperative at Purdue University. It comes from her friend, Lindsey T, who was really involved with the kitchen activities when Barbara lived in the house.
We love frozen pumpkin recipes—scratch that, we love ALL pumpkin recipes. Some of our favorites are Pumpkin Crunch, Pumpkin Waffles, Grandma’s Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, and Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding.
This no bake frozen pumpkin pie is a crowd-pleaser, especially with children who often aren’t fans of traditional pumpkin pie.
How To Make Frozen Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Ice Cream
Mix together pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and spices. Fold in softened vanilla ice cream. Pour into a 13×9 inch pan. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil and freeze overnight. To serve, remove from freezer ten minutes before serving. Cut into pumpkin pie ice cream squares.
Full Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Recipe can be found below.
Notes About Frozen Pumpkin Dessert Recipe:
- Be sure to use the 100 percent pure pumpkin (some cans may say “solid-pack”), not the pumpkin pie filling.
- It is very important to cover this pumpkin pie ice cream with plastic wrap and foil to prevent freezer burn.
- If properly covered, this frozen pumpkin dessert recipe can be made ahead and kept in the freezer for several weeks.
- Serve it in squares with a dollop of whipped cream (or Cool Whip, your choice, we don’t judge). Or grab your ice cream scoop and a bowl and serve a couple of scoops and add some toppings like your favorite nuts.
- Barbara also suggests putting a spoonful in your coffee to make your own PSL!
- Nuts are optional for this recipe. Sprinkle them over top before freezing or mix into the frozen pumpkin ice cream mixture. To make it over the top yummy, add these cinnamon glazed nuts.
Linking up to Weekend Potluck.
Frozen Pumpkin Delight is the perfect dessert for all of those pumpkin spice latte (PSL) fans out there, especially if you add a dollop of whipped cream.
Pumpkin and all of the spices that go with it are a classic fall flavor and this frozen pumpkin-flavored ice cream dessert won't disappoint.
- 1 15 oz. can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream softened
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, vanilla, salt. ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- Fold in softened ice cream until no more streaks of vanilla ice cream remain.
- Transfer to a 13x9-inch greased pan.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and foil and freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.