The entire family will love these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins which are easy to put together and make enough to freeze for later or share with friends.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
It’s Megan and I’m so excited to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you! I originally published this recipe on my other blog here. The recipe over there is the original one (makes just 1 1/2 dozen regular size muffins).
These Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are so good, I decided to double the recipe when posting it here. The other reason for doubling it is that pumpkin comes in 15 ounce cans and the original recipe calls for 8 ounces of pumpkin! So it’s just easier to double the recipe than to have leftover pumpkin.
When I make these, I like to mix up the batter and then before adding the chocolate chips, I separate it into two equal amounts in separate bowls. In the first bowl, I add a cup of mini chocolate chips and make mini muffins. In the other bowl, I add a cup of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips – whatever I have on hand) and make regular-size muffins.
We have another yummy pumpkin muffin recipe on the blog if you are looking for options. Try Mama Griggs’s Pumpkin Bran Muffins (with chocolate chips).
Notes About Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffin Recipe:
- This is a dessert recipe that uses pumpkin puree. Pumpkin Puree is the same thing as canned pumpkin. Do not use a can of pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling are not the same.
- You can make these muffins as full size or as mini muffins. The cooking time is less for the minis (only 12 to 15 minutes).
- Feel free to use muffin liners or you can grease up the muffin tin really well and go without a liner.
- This pumpkin muffin recipe makes 3 dozen muffins.
- Mini chocolate chips are perfect for this recipe if you have those on hand. They are particularly cute when you put mini chocolate chips in a mini-sized pumpkin muffin.
- Make extra of these delicious pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips. They are a hit!
- This recipe using pumpkin puree uses an entire 15 oz. can of pumpkin which means zero waste. Score!
- You can make these ahead, and freeze for later.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips:
In a large bowl, beat wet ingredients–pumpkin, eggs, sugar and oil. Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl—flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine the two mixtures; add chocolate chips. Bake in a preheated 400 degree F oven for 16 to 20 minutes. Use muffin liners or a well-greased muffin tin.
The full recipe for Easy Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips can be found below.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes
Looking for more canned pumpkin dessert recipes? Try any of these favorites:
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Crunch
- Grandma’s Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Frozen Pumpkin Dessert
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Pudding
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips mini, semi-sweet, dark chocolate or any combination
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.*
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups 3/4 full.**
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done (toothpick comes out clean).
- If you are making mini muffins, bake for 12-15 minutes or until muffins test done.
Note: We use referral links to products we use and think you might enjoy too.
Linking up to the Weekend Potluck!