Mama Griggs’s Pumpkin Bran Muffins with chocolate chips are full of flavor and are perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert.
Mama Griggs’s Pumpkin Bran Muffins
Barbara had a special request to share these Mama Griggs’s Pumpkin Bran Muffins with chocolate chips from a former Glenwood Cooperative house mate at Purdue University.
The girls in her house used to call these “Polka Dot Muffins” because of the great pumpkin color and loads of chocolate chips.
This is one of those great mix everything together in one bowl recipes. Just grab a large mixing bowl and get started!
Be sure to grease the muffin tins well (or use liners).
What makes these muffins a bit different than others out there is that they include a cup of all-bran cereal.
Barbara says that alone makes them “healthy” and is a great excuse to eat two muffins!
If you don’t have any all-bran cereal in the house, try this version of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all bran cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and all bran cereal together in a large bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.