Put this Baked Oatmeal together the night before and pull it out of the refrigerator and bake for a warm, delicious breakfast the entire family will enjoy. Add some golden raisins and a splash of milk and everyone will ask for seconds.
Barbara’s girls are obsessed with oatmeal of any kind, especially this baked oatmeal. She loves making this the night before so it’s ready to pull out of the refrigerator and put right into the oven.
This recipe is easily modified by replacing the white sugar with brown sugar or adding simple ingredients like raisins or cinnamon prior to baking.
You can eat it plain or serve with golden raisins sprinkled on top and with a splash of milk or be decadent and go with a splash of cream or half and half.
Any way you eat it, this Baked Oatmeal is delicious. In the rare case that there are leftovers, Barbara takes it to work for breakfast and eats it cold.
This would be a great dish to prep and have ready for a holiday breakfast and can easily be doubled and made in a larger baking dish. Make some of our Cake Mix Cinnamon Rolls and our Cheesy Egg Casserole for the perfect breakfast buffet.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; store in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously cover a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Add oatmeal mixture to pan and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and add your choice of toppings like raisins, cinnamon, or a splash of milk.
Linking up to Meal Plan Monday #96, check out all the great recipes.