You will not be able to stop eating this White Chocolate Snack Mix with Candy Corn featuring graham cereal so share it with others as soon as you make it.
White Chocolate Snack Mix with Candy Corn
This candy mix is a hit no matter where we take it. We adapted it from a recipe from our local Extension Homemakers cookbook years ago as a Christmas recipe. You can find our original take on it here from my personal blog.
We decided it is just too good to only make during the Christmas holidays so this is our fall version featuring Candy Corn!
The great thing about snack mixes like this one is that you can personalize based on your tastes (or what you have in your pantry).
The original recipe called for Crispix cereal but we couldn’t find it in our local store and we love the flavor of graham crackers so we decided to use Golden Grahams cereal (or the store brand – whichever one is on sale).
Sometimes we use Milk Chocolate M&M’s and sometimes we use Peanut M&M’s if we need an extra kick of peanut flavor (or if we don’t have any peanuts)!
We use the Multi-Grain Cheerios because they are just a bit sweeter than regular Cheerios but either kind work great. We haven’t tried the Pumpkin Spice Cheerios, but they might add another dimension to the fall mix!
Here are some tips for making this White Chocolate Snack Mix with Candy Corn:
- This recipe makes A LOT of snack mix but it’s super easy to make a half (or even quarter) batch.
- Do not be afraid to substitute ingredients or add more/less of the stuff you like/don’t like. It’s easy to do.
- We break the stick pretzels in half for “bite-size” pieces but that’s just our preference.
- Use a REALLY big mixing bowl to combine the dry ingredients – you’ll need it.
- If you don’t have a REALLY big mixing bowl, divide the dry ingredients into 2 separate large mixing bowls. Then melt half of the almond bark for one of the bowls and then repeat for the other bowl.
- Honestly, we usually make 2 half batches and divide them into another 2 batches! We melt half of the almond bark and pour half of that over one quarter batch of the dry ingredients and spread on wax paper to set. Then we use the bowl that we used to mix the almond bark into the dry ingredients over again. Saves on dirty dishes that way and is easier to everything coated evenly.
- 6 cups Golden Graham Cereal
- 3 cups Multi-Grain Cheerios Cereal or Cheerios of your choice
- 2 cups stick pretzels
- 2 cups peanuts
- 2 cups M&M's candies
- 2 cups candy corn
- 1 tray almond bark
- Mix cereal, pretzels, peanuts, M&M's together in large mixing bowl.
- Melt almond bark in separate bowl.
- Pour melted almond bark over dry ingredients and stir to coat.
- Add candy corn and stir.
- Spread on wax paper to set.
- When set, break up and store in air-tight container.
Referral links were used in this post.