This Leftover Donut Bread pudding takes your uneaten glazed donuts and turns them into a delicious dessert. You can even freeze leftover donuts until you have enough to make this yummy dessert.
Leftover donuts have never tasted this good. The original of this Leftover Donut Bread Pudding recipe was posted on Barbara’s first blog – Frugalista Farm Life. Barbara is definitely channeling our Grandma K when she make this dish. Our grandma was the queen of frugal living. A child of the Depression, she did not waste ANYTHING!
Grandma’s frugal gene was passed to Barbara – her youngest grandchild – a quality that she is proud of even if we (her family) gives her a hard time about it. Barbara now lives in our grandparent’s house on our family’s farm. Many of the plates, bowls and baking dishes (like the one below) were our grandma’s and Barbara still loves using them when cooking for her family.
Leftover Donut Bread Pudding
Whenever Barbara has leftover stale donuts or Papa John’s bread sticks or even biscuits, she cuts them up in small pieces and throws them in a resealable bag and tosses the bag in the freezer.
When she has about 6 cups, she makes this delicious bread pudding. The glazed donuts make it sweet enough that you don’t even need a sauce or glaze.
How to make Bread Pudding with Donuts
Full recipe can be found below.
- Prep your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add donuts to baking dish and pour melted butter over them and lightly mix.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a separate bowl then pour over donuts.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and then cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes and then remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Our Favorite Dessert Recipes
We love desserts that are made in one dish and are meant to share. Whether they are topped with whipped cream, ice cream or served as is, these sweet treats are always a hit.
- Crock Pot Peach Cobbler
- Peach Batter Cake
- Blackberry Batter Cake
- Cherry Crisp
- Grandma’s Easy Apple Crisp
- Yellow Cake Mix Gooey Bars
- Grandma’s Rhubarb Streusel Dessert
Leftover Donut Bread Pudding
- 6 cups stale glazed donuts, cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray either an 8 x 8-inch baking dish or 1 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add donut chunks to dish; pour melted butter over top and lightly mix.
- Mix together eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; pour on top of donuts. Allow donuts to soak up wet mixture for 5 minutes, making sure all donut chunks have soaked up some of the milk mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.