Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Lasagna is a recipe with a not-so-secret ingredient that adds another level of flavor to this popular hearty dish. With some prep work the night before, you can put this into the Crock Pot on a weekend morning before errands, ballgames or piano lessons and it will be ready and waiting for lunch!
This slow cooker lasagna recipe is sure to satisfy the hunger of everyone in your family. It uses pre-made Bloody Mary Mix as the tomato base to complement the cheesy layers of mozzarella and ricotta (or cottage cheese). What’s even better? There is no pre-cooking of your lasagna noodles.
Note: As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Recently, Barbara had friends coming for lunch, and she had no time to cook since the girls had basketball games all morning. So, she prepped the meat sauce and cheese mixtures the night before, and assembled this Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Lasagna before leaving for the games. When they got home for lunch, this Crock Pot lasagna was ready to feed the whole crowd. It was a hit with the kids and the adults. Her favorite part of this compared to her regular Extra Cheesy Beef Lasagna, is that you do not have to boil the lasagna noodles.
Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Recipe Notes
We use ground beef, but you could absolutely use ground chicken or ground turkey if you desire.
Feel free to mince fresh garlic if desired. We keep a jar of minced garlic in the refrigerator out of convenience.
You can use ricotta cheese or cottage cheese, or a combination of both, for the cheese layer.
For easier clean up, we lined the entire crock pot insert with aluminum foil and sprayed it with non-stick cooking spray. This can be omitted but be sure to spray the insert generously with non-stick spray.
We think this recipe is perfect for a casserole crock pot, but it will work just as well in a regular crock pot. You will just need to break up the lasagna noodles to fit accordingly.
Prep some of the elements of this recipe the night before to make assembly fast in the morning. Make the ground beef/Bloody Mary sauce and refrigerate. Also, go ahead and prep the ricotta cheese mixture and refrigerate.
How to make Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Lasagna
Full recipe is at the bottom of this post.
In a large skillet, brown ground beef and diced onions; drain excess grease. Add tomato paste and garlic to the ground beef and cook for one minute. Reserve one cup of Bloody Mary Mix; add the rest to the ground beef. In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, eggs, parsley, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In the prepared crock pot insert: assemble as follows:
- Layer one: reserved Bloody Mary Mix (1 cup)
- Two: 4 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Layer three: 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture
- Four: 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Layer five: 1/2 ground beef sauce
- Six: 4 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Layer seven: 1/2 ricotta cheese mixture
- Eight: 1/2 mozzarella cheese
- Layer nine: 1/2 ground beef sauce
Cover tightly with slow cooker lid. Cook on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours. It is done when the noodles are cooked through. Let sit unplugged and uncovered for 10 minutes before serving.
Looking for more Italian recipes? Try our Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce.
Trying to go low-carb but still crave Italian? Try our Low-Carb Baked Spaghetti Squash casserole.
Slow Cooker Bloody Mary Lasagna
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 12 oz. tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 46 oz. Bloody Mary Mix
- 15 oz. ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 16 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and diced onions. Drain any excess grease if necessary.
- To the ground beef, add minced garlic and tomato paste. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Reserve one cup of Bloody Mary Mix for later. Add the remaining Bloody Mary Mix to the ground beef mixture; stir until completely incorporated. (You can make this sauce the day before, and refrigerate.)
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta (or cottage cheese, or a combo), eggs, dried parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper. (This step can also be done ahead and refrigerated.)
- To assemble, prepare a casserole or regular crock pot insert by either spraying directly with non-stick cooking spray, or line with aluminum foil, and then spraying the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the reserved Bloody Mary Mix in the bottom of the crockpot insert. Layer 4 of the uncooked lasagna noodles over the Bloody Mary Mix.
- Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/2 the mozzarella cheese , and 1/2 of the ground beef sauce mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, and ending with ground beef sauce.
- Cover tightly with the lid, and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours or until the noodles are completely cooked through.
- Turn off heat, and remove lid. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into the lasagna to serve.