These Sheet Pan Fajitas take less than 30 minutes from start to finish and can be made with chicken, steak or both. With just some spices and oil, you can turn regular peppers, onions and your choice of meat into a meal your entire family will enjoy.
We love a quick family meal that can be on the table in under 30 minutes, and this sheet pan fajita recipe is just that. Clean up is fast because everything is cooked on just one sheet pan and by covering it in foil, you save some scrubbing.
Sheet Pan Fajitas
Be sure to cut both the vegetables and meat into thin, even slices to ensure quick and even cooking. We fixed both chicken and steak for this dish, but you can choose just one to fix. Have a big family or making dinner for a crowd? Just slice up more veggies and meat and use a bigger sheet pan!
When thinking about what cut of steak to use, a flank or skirt steak would work well for these fajitas. You can also customize these fajitas with different color peppers for a colorful dish.
Sheet Pan Fajitas take less than 30 minutes from start to finish and can be made with chicken, steak or both.
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2-3 Green Peppers
- 1 large onion
- 2- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Steak flank or skirt
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil, and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix together garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Slice green peppers and onions into thin slices.
Cut chicken breasts and steak into small slices, against the grain.
- On the sheet pan, put the veggies on one side and the meat on the other.
- Drizzle the entire pan with canola oil, making sure it is all evenly coated.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over the entire pan.
Cook for 10 to 20 minutes or until desired doneness. The thin slices of the meat and veggies will cook quickly. Check oven and stir once or twice.
- Serve with tortillas, rice and your favorite condiments.
You can use just chicken or just steak depending on what protein your family enjoys.