This Jalapeno Cape Codder drink is a new twist on the traditional cocktail with the perfect amount of spice to complement the typical cranberry-lime flavor. With only four ingredients, this vodka cocktail recipe is a cinch to throw together. Fresh jalapenos soak in a blend of cranberry juice, vodka and limeade to make a refreshing alcoholic beverage.
Cranberry and vodka cocktails are traditionally called Cape Codders. Cranberries are an important crop for the Cape Cod area, hence where this drink originated. Meg knows quite a bit about cranberries from her time working in the area for the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association.
We often get inspiration for our recipes from family trips, such as our Amaretto Pina Colada recipe that we made after a trip to Bonita Springs, Florida. A trip to Tucson, Arizona inspired this cape codder cocktail with jalapeno.
Everywhere we looked in Tucson, we saw cocktails with the addition of jalapenos for a spicy kick. My cocktail of choice has always been a Cape Codder, so I decided to up the ante with some spice. We made our version in a mason jar which allows for easy storage in the refrigerator and safe storage for travel to prevent any spills!
Notes about this Jalapeno Vodka and Cranberry Cocktail
- Add as many or as few sliced jalapenos as you prefer, depending on your own personal spice meter.
- If you end up with jalapeno seeds in your drink, feel free to remove the seeds before adding to the drink. Or strain them out as you pour over ice.
- To make this recipe for one drink, use 2 oz. cranberry juice, 1 oz. vodka and 1 oz. limeade.
- A quart of this can be made and stored in the refrigerator for several days. Just pour out what you want each day, and serve over ice.
- Make this lower in calories by using a Diet Cranberry Juice Cocktail which can be found in the juice aisle at the grocery store.
- We love to use Simply Limeade, but freshly-squeezed lime juice works just as well.
- Use your favorite vodka! We like Titos!
- We added sliced limes for a garnish, but this is completely optional.
How to Make Vodka and Cranberry Cocktail with Jalapenos
Full recipe is a the bottom of this post.
In a quart-sized mason jar, add limeade, your favorite vodka, and cranberry juice. Add sliced jalapenos, and lime slices (optional). Mix and chill. To serve, pour over ice.
We love serving this Jalapeno Cade Codder along side some of our favorite Mexican dishes such as Crock Pot Ground Beef Acapulco Enchiladas, Easy Taco Salad, Low Carb Chorizo Taco Soup, or Sheet Pan Fajitas.
Want more cocktail recipes?
- Jalapeno Pineapple Limeade Cocktail
- Amaretto Pina Colada
- Bay Breeze for a Crowd
- Low Carb Cranberry and Vodka from Farmwife Drinks
This Jalapeno Cape Codder drink is a new twist on the traditional cocktail with the perfect amount of spice to complement the typical cranberry-lime flavor.
- 1 cup Limeade
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 2 1/4 cups Cranberry Juice
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced (optional)
In a quart-sized mason jar, mix limeade, vodka, cranberry juice, jalapenos and lime. Stir to incorporate.
Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. The longer it sits, the stronger the jalapeno spice.
Serve over ice.