Crunchy Potato Chip-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders are a great way not only to satisfy your children’s demands for their favorite entree but also use up the crumbs at the bottom of those potato chip bags.
We love sharing recipes from our own family recipe boxes on this blog, as well as finding classic recipes from our favorite vintage cookbooks. We also love sharing recipes from our good friends and this is one of those!
Barbara’s good friend shared a personal recipe book with her. It was the one her relatives gave her as a wedding gift filled with their own favorite recipes.
Aren’t those the best kind of wedding gifts? These Crunch Potato Chip-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders were her Nana’s recipe.
Barbara was drawn to it because she could use the crumbs left in the bottom of the potato chip bag. Our Grandma K. would be proud of her for not wasting those crumbs.
Need another idea for those same crumbs? Try our Potato Chip Cookies!
Crunchy Potato Chip-Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders
In the notes of the original recipe, it says that you can change up this recipe with other types of potato chip crumbs like sour cream and onion or barbecue flavor.
No matter what flavor of potato chips you decide to use, your children will enjoy dipping these chicken tenders in their favorite sauce just as much as the ones they order in a restaurant.
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups potato chips, crushed
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels; coat with sour cream.
- Roll chicken in crushed potato chips on both sides until generously covered.
- Arrange on a greased cooking sheet or baking dish.
- Pour melted butter or margarine over the top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.