This Crock Pot Chicken Corn Chowder is made using ingredients that most of us on hand in our pantry and is a dish your entire family will love. We love throwing together a meal – like this slow cooker soup – from a bunch of cans from the pantry, especially on a lazy weekend day.
Recently, Barbara was flipping through Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook that our granny gave her. She didn’t have all the ingredients for any particular recipe so she morphed two recipes into one and, poof, out came this soup.
Want to know a secret? She didn’t have any potatoes on hand but she did have a partial bag of frozen hash browns that she used instead.
Soup is a go-to for our family in the fall and winter. Barbara’s kiddies love this chicken corn chowder so it will be on repeat.
Of course, top almost anything with cheese and some crushed up crackers and
Barbara used her Indianapolis Colts 6-Quart Cook and Carry Crock-pot to make this soup. The lockable lid is a life-saver when you need to transport your trusty slow cooker to a pitch-in or family meal.
How to Make Chicken Corn Chowder in your Slow Cooker
Dump all ingredients EXCEPT for the half and half and salt/pepper into Crock Pot. Cook for 8 hour or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Add remaining ingredients, and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until warmed through. Serve and top with cheese and crackers.
Full recipe is below.
We we are linking up to Whatcha Crockin Wednesday so head over and check out all the great recipes!
This Crock Pot Chicken Corn Chowder is made using ingredients that most of us on hand in our pantry and is a dish your entire family will love.
- 1 14.75 oz. can cream style sweet corn
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernel sweet corn
- 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup potatoes diced or shredded
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cream corn, sweet corn, tomatoes, beans, evaporated milk, tomato sauce, chicken and potatoes in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Add half and half and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes or until warmed through.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and crackers.
Referral links are used in this post.
Linking up to Meal Plan Monday #96, check out all the great recipes.