The entire family will love these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins which are easy to put together and make enough to freeze for later or share with friends.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
It’s Megan and I’m so excited to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you! I originally published this recipe on my other blog here. The recipe over there is the original one (makes just 1 1/2 dozen regular size muffins).
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are so good, I decided to double the recipe when posting it here. The other reason for doubling it is that pumpkin comes in 15 ounce cans and the original recipe calls for 8 ounces of pumpkin! So it’s just easier to double the recipe than to have leftover pumpkin.
When I make these, I like to mix up the batter and then before adding the chocolate chips, I separate it into two equal amounts in separate bowls. In the first bowl, I add a cup of mini chocolate chips and make mini muffins. In the other bowl, I add a cup of regular semi-sweet chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips – whatever I have on hand) and make regular-size muffins.
We have another yummy pumpkin muffin recipe on the blog if you are looking for options. Try Mama Griggs’s Pumpkin Bran Muffins (with chocolate chips).
Serves: 3 dozen
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 oz. can of pumpkin
- 1½ cups oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or use 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (mini, semi-sweet, dark chocolate or any combination)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil until smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.*
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups ¾ full.**
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done (toothpick comes out clean).
- If you are making mini muffins, bake for 12-15 minutes or until muffins test done.
**You can use a regular size muffin pan. This recipe will make about 3 dozen regular size muffins. Or you can use a mini muffin pan. This recipe will make 2 to 2½ dozen mini muffins.