Pork Chop Potato Bake is an easy recipe for you to put together that will please those meat and potato lovers in your family.
This Pork Chop Potato Bake was a special request from one of Barbara’s Glenwood sisters after we posted the Cheesy Mexican Chicken recipe recently. It is another favorite dish of Barbara’s from her college days.
When she makes it for her husband, Kevin, he always asks for seconds!
Pork Chop Potato Bake
Barbara uses bone-in pork chops but you can use boneless pork chops if you prefer. This is one of those recipes that you can definitely add a couple more pork chops if you are feeding more people. There should be plenty of potatoes for at least eight people, if not more.
We love to use the 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish that has a plastic lid (like these) for ease of storing the leftovers, if there are any! But be sure to grease whatever dish you use with cooking spray or even some butter to make clean up easier.
Looking for other Glenwood Cooperative recipes like this one? Try these Thai Chicken Wraps.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 to 6 pork chops
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; brown pork chops that have been sprinkled with seasoned salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, milk, sour cream, black pepper and seasoned salt.
- Stir in hash browns and ½ cup shredded cheese.
- Spread hash brown mixture into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Arrange pork chops on top; cover with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese; bake uncovered for 5 minutes longer.
Referral links are used in this post.