This three ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Jello is the perfect way to make a yummy refrigerator jam in less than 15 minutes. This flavorful jam is pectin-free and goes perfectly on toast or over ice cream.
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe
Let me tell you about this recipe in a nutshell:
- 3 ingredients
- 1 quart
- No canning or processing
I love my rhubarb plant. It makes so many delicious treats such as Old-Fashioned Rhubarb Coffee Cake, Grandma’s Rhubarb Streusel, Rhubarb Muffins, Rhubarb Bread, Grandma’s Rhubarb Pie. I think I have a rhubarb fetish! This jam recipe is the perfect accompaniment to our rhubarb recipe box.
Are you familiar with rhubarb? If not, be sure to read up here about which parts are edible and which are not.
Notes about Flavorful Strawberry Rhubarb Jam:
- Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Jello makes 1 quart of jam.
- There is no processing of the jam when you are done. Once it’s complete, store it in the refrigerator until it is used up.
- The jam will continue to set up over several hours in the refrigerator.
- This is a pectin-free strawberry rhubarb jam recipe. You do not have to mess around with buying packs of pectin.
- We love that this is only a 3 ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Jam recipe. It contains one box of strawberry Jello, rhubarb and sugar. That’s it – 3 ingredients!
- This may be the most flavorful strawberry rhubarb jam recipe around, and that’s because it gets it’s flavor from the box of strawberry Jello. YUM!
- Not only is this delicious over toast, but you could also warm some up and serve over ice cream like our Grandma’s vanilla ice cream. Or you could switch it out for Cranberry sauce in our Grandma’s Pork Chop Recipe.
- THIS IS THE BEST EVER STRAWBERRY RHUBARB JAM RECIPE!
How to make Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe:
Full recipe can be found below.
In a food processor, pulverize rhubarb and sugar. Add to saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add strawberry Jello mix, and stir. Pour into a quart-sized glass jar or heat proof container. Let cool. Refrigerate overnight or until ready to use.
Looking for a regular strawberry jam recipe? Grandma had one of these too. Try this one!
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam with Jello
- 6 cups rhubarb
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 oz. strawberry jello mix
- Wash rhubarb and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Add rhubarb and sugar into a food processor bowl. Pulverize until the rhubarb and sugar make a wet paste.
- Pour rhubarb mash into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and continue to boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Strawberry Jello until completely mixed.
- Pour into a clean quart mason jar or heat proof container. Let cool before covering with lid.
- Refrigerate overnight so the jam can set up. Enjoy!
- Makes one quart of jam, one Tablespoon is a serving.