This Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe makes a plateful of crispy, bite-size treats the entire family will enjoy as a snack or lunchbox dessert. Hosting a bridal or baby shower? These miniature cookies look wonderful on a festive table.
Barbara discovered these Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies when she married her husband, Kevin. His grandma made them for every family gathering.
Her cookies were tiny, so you could reach in and grab a handful without feeling guilty. They also are crispy which is a nice change from Barbara’s go-to soft chocolate chip cookies.
Holidays haven’t been the same since Kevin’s grandma moved out of her home and into assisted-living. So, Barbara decided to tackle her cookies for her 93rd birthday party recently. They were such a hit Barbara might have nominated herself to keep up this tradition.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
You may think you need to use mini chocolate chips in this recipe, but you would be wrong. Use regular size chocolate chips, trust us it’s the right choice.
The hardest part of these cookies is scooping the right amount of dough to make the perfect “mini” cookie. It isn’t a quick process and Barbara’s preferred method is to use a knife to drop just a 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
How to Make Bite-Sized Cookies with Full-Sized Chocolate Chips
Full recipes is found below.
By hand, mix margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and then mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly. Scoop 1/2-inch portions of cookie dough onto cookie sheet and bake until crispy and slightly browned.
Other Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Dainty Log Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate and Oatmeal Cookies from Plowing Through Life
Note: We use referral links to products we use and think you might enjoy too.
This Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe makes a plateful of crispy, bite-size treats the entire family will enjoy as a snack or lunchbox dessert.
- 1 cup margarine room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Mix margarine and white and brown sugar by hand until creamy; add eggs and vanilla until well-incorporated.
- Combine dry ingredients including flour, baking soda and salt.
Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients; add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- For the perfect sized "mini" cookie, drop 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough onto baking sheet. This is best done using a knife to scoop out the dough from the teaspoon measure.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes at 375 degrees F until crispy and slightly browned.