Adding grilled chicken turns the classic cream cheese vegetable bars with a crescent roll crust into this delicious Chicken Ranch Vegetable Pizza.
Barbara adapted the classic recipe for the cream cheese vegetable bars that we have all seen at cookouts and family gatherings by adding her Easiest Grilled Chicken Ever.
She found the original recipe in her new favorite cookbook – Extension Homemakers Shelby County 1988. It’s from Mrs. Beulah Thurston of the Merry Mixers club.
Chicken Ranch Vegetable Pizza
This is a great way to use up leftovers of the Easiest Grilled Chicken Ever – just cube up a couple of already cooked chicken breasts.
The “crust” of this pizza is a package of refrigerated crescent roll dough. Did you know they sell crescent rolls in sheets that are perfect for this recipe? You can also use a regular tube of crescent roll dough. Just be sure to spread it across the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan – the dough will be fairly thin so the baking time is fairly short, just 5 to 8 minutes.
Once the crust is baked and cooled, spread the topping so it almost touches the edges. Barbara suggests using a flat-bottomed spatula for spreading the cream cheese – the same tool used to ice a cake.
Then top it with the cubed grilled chicken and shredded cheese (what about some bacon too?) and refrigerate it overnight.
- 1 package (8 count) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 (4 oz) package cream cheese
- ½ cup Miracle Whip
- 2 Hidden Valley Ranch original salad dressing mix (powder form)
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- ½ cup finely cut celery
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup cubed grilled chicken
- Spread out crescent roll dough flat in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes; let cool.
- Mix cream cheese, miracle whip and ranch mix thoroughly; add carrots and celery and mix well.
- Spread the dressing and vegetable mixture over the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle with chicken and shredded cheese.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Referral links are used in this post.