This Instant Pot Beef Ramen Bowls recipe uses beef stew meat, frozen vegetables and instant ramen noodles to make a flavorful meal the entire family will enjoy. This is also a great way to use a leaner, tougher cut of beef to cut up into stew meat.
Barbara is always brainstorming new recipes to use the beef stew meat that she has in the freezer. The family absolutely loves Mom’s Crock Pot Beef Stew, but she was looking for a slightly lighter dish.
If you do not have stew meat on hand, you can “make” your own by choosing a tough, lean cut of beef that will really benefit from the cooking process. Here’s a handy post about choosing the right meat for stews and dishes like this Instant Pot Beef Ramen Bowl.
Instant Pot Beef Ramen Bowls
At her favorite store – Aldi, Barbara found 32-ounce cartons of Ramen Broth, and the dinner possibilities exploded. Ramen broth is just chicken broth seasoned with ginger, sesame and other yummy flavors.
Using the Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) to do the heavy work, you can have an all-in-one-dish dinner ready in minutes.
How to Make Beef Ramen Bowls in an Electric Pressure Cooker
Full recipe directions at the bottom of the page.
Cook beef stew meat with broth in electric pressure cooker on high pressure for 10 minutes and natural release. At the same time, cook frozen vegetables to desired texture. Remove meat and roughly chop; add back to broth. Add ramen noodles, ginger and ramen seasoning packet to meat. Cover and seal pot and cook on low pressure for a minute and quick pressure release. Remove lid and stir. Pour in whisked egg and cook for 3 minutes in hot broth.
Instant Pot Beef Ramen Bowls
- 1 lb. thawed beef stew meat seasoned with salt and pepper
- 32 ounces ramen broth
- 2 packages Instant Ramen noodles save one seasoning packet
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 12 oz. package frozen vegetables (steamer packages of stir-fry mix works great)
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- Toppings: soy sauce and sesame seeds
- Add beef stew meat and ramen broth to electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
- Seal pot, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let steam naturally release. (It is very important to check the instruction manual on your electric pressure cooker and choose the recommended time for beef stew meat.)
- Meanwhile, cook frozen vegetables to desired texture. We prefer the steamer bags that you cook directly in the microwave. Set aside for later.
- Remove meat, and roughly chop into smaller pieces if desired. Add back to broth.
- Add ramen noodles, grated ginger and 1 packet of ramen seasoning mix to beef/broth mixture.
- Cover and seal pot. Cook on low pressure for 1 minute; use quick pressure release method.
- Remove lid, and stir. Pour in whisked egg and cooked vegetables; cook in hot broth for 3 minutes.
- Serve with soy sauce and sesame seeds if desired.